EQS-Information: Andritz AG / Tag(s): Quarterly outcomes
ANDRITZ GROUP: Outcomes for the second quarter / first half of 2022
07/29/2022 / 07:30
The issuer/writer is answerable for the content material of the notification.
GRAZ, JULY 29, 2022. The worldwide ANDRITZ Expertise Group recorded a really pleasing enterprise growth within the second quarter of 2022. With just below 2.2 billion euros, incoming orders had been nicely above the nice determine for a similar quarter of the earlier yr, and the order guide reached a brand new file of just below 9.9 billion euros. And gross sales, in addition to working revenue (EBITA) and profitability (EBITA margin), additionally elevated strongly year-over-year.
Dr. Joachim Schönbeck, CEO ANDRITZ AG: We’re very glad with the evolution of the exercise within the first half. With practically 4.8 billion euros, incoming orders reached the best half-year determine within the firm’s historical past. All 4 of our enterprise areas recorded good order development and had been capable of win giant reference orders. We’re additionally cautiously optimistic for the remaining months of the present yr and, waiting for at the moment, we count on robust undertaking and funding exercise throughout all of our enterprise strains.
The primary monetary figures advanced as follows:
- Within the second quarter of 2022, it was incoming orders at 2,179.0 MEUR, considerably above the identical quarter of the earlier yr (+17.0% vs Q2 2021: 1,862.3 MEUR). All enterprise sectors had been capable of enhance their order consumption yr on yr. ANDRITZ GROUP order consumption within the first half of 2022 amounted to EUR 4,767.6m and elevated considerably year-on-year (+32.7% in comparison with H1 2021: EUR 3,591.8m) .
- Of the order standing as of June 30, 2022 reached a brand new excessive of 9,859.1 MEUR and elevated by 20.7% in comparison with the tip of 2021 (8,165.8 MEUR).
- Of the Gross sales quantity within the second quarter of 2022 elevated by 16.7% year-on-year to EUR1,790.1m (Q2 2021: EUR1,533.8m). All 4 enterprise segments recorded a rise in gross sales. ANDRITZ GROUP gross sales within the first half of 2022 amounted to EUR 3,317.0 million and elevated by 9.6% in comparison with the identical interval final yr (H1 2021: EUR 3,027.0 million).
- This EBITA within the second quarter of 2022 was 150.9 MEUR (Q2 2021: 126.8 MEUR) and grew sooner than gross sales. All 4 enterprise sectors had been capable of enhance their income in comparison with the identical quarter of the earlier yr, in some circumstances considerably. Profitability (EBITA margin) thus elevated to eight.4% (Q2 2021: 8.3%). vs. H1 2021: €237.7 million).
- This Group consequence (after deducting non-controlling pursuits) elevated considerably to EUR95.7m within the second quarter of 2022 (Q2 2021: EUR74.6m). Within the first half of 2022, the consolidated consequence (after deduction of non-controlling pursuits) amounted to 167.2 MEUR (H1 2021: 136.7 MEUR).
OUTLOOK FOR 2022: AN EXPECTED INCREASE IN SALES AND RESULTS
Financial consultants count on the worldwide economic system to sluggish additional within the remaining months of 2022 because of the ongoing battle in Ukraine, the vitality disaster in Europe and the continued tense state of affairs in provide chains. worldwide. A slowdown is anticipated in Europe particularly.
Regardless of the tough common financial situations, undertaking and funding exercise within the industries served by ANDRITZ continues to be good. ANDRITZ presents a broad product portfolio of sustainable options (renewables, recycling, biofuels, and so on.) that prospects want to realize their very own ESG targets. The elevated demand from this area is offsetting the final financial slowdown.
For the complete yr 2022, ANDRITZ due to this fact confirms the monetary steerage revealed on the event of the announcement of the outcomes for the primary quarter of 2022 and, waiting for at the moment, expects a rise in gross sales. in addition to EBITA and web revenue in comparison with the earlier yr.
FINANCIAL KEY FIGURES AT A GLANCE
|Unity||S1 2022||S1 2021||+/-||Q2 2022||Q2 2021||+/-||2021|
|Gross sales quantity||USD||3,317.0||3,027.0||+9.6%||1,790.1||1,533.8||+16.7%||6,463.0|
|Pulp and paper||USD||1,580.4||1,464.6||+7.9%||867.5||753.7||+15.1%||3,070.6|
|Pulp and paper||USD||2,080.8||1,712.3||+21.5%||975.0||866.8||+12.5%||3,774.7|
|Order standing (on the finish of the yr)||USD||9,859.1||7,403.5||+33.2%||9,859.1||7,403.5||+33.2%||8,165.8|
|earnings earlier than curiosity
and taxes (EBIT)
|Revenue earlier than tax (EBT)||USD||223.1||185.9||+20.0%||127.5||101.9||+25.1%||439.6|
(after deduction no
(per ultimo, with out apprentices)
All figures below IFRS. When including rounded quantities and percentages, calculation variations could happen resulting from using automated calculation aids.
MEUR = million euros. EUR = euros.
DOWNLOAD PRESS INFORMATION
This press launch is on the market at andritz.com/news-de out there for obtain.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Dr Michel Buchbauer
Company Communications Supervisor
The worldwide know-how group ANDRITZ supplies a broad portfolio of modern digital crops, tools, programs, providers and options for all kinds of industries and finish markets. ANDRITZ is without doubt one of the world’s market leaders in all of its 4 enterprise segments Pulp and Paper, Metals, Hydro and Separation. Expertise management, world presence and sustainability are cornerstones of the corporate’s technique, which is targeted on long-term worthwhile development. The listed group has roughly 27,400 staff and greater than 280 places in additional than 40 international locations.
COMMERCIAL AND FINANCIAL REPORTS
Annual and monetary experiences will be downloaded from the ANDRITZ web site andritz.com.
Sure statements contained on this press launch are forward-looking statements. These statements, which include the phrases consider, intend, count on and phrases of comparable significance, replicate the beliefs and expectations of administration and are topic to dangers and uncertainties that might trigger precise outcomes precise differ considerably. Accordingly, the reader shouldn’t place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. The Firm undertakes no obligation to launch the results of any revisions to the forward-looking statements contained herein, besides as required by relevant legislation.
07/29/2022 Publication of a Company Information/Monetary Information, transmitted by EQS Group AG. www.eqs.com